Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Synchronicity for the Day: Words No. 2

Here's a quick one: I'm listening to the radio while a look through my unread emails at work. At the very moment that someone on the radio says the word "trio", my eyes moved to the next email in my in-box, whose subject line began with "trio." Simultaneous. I took this word in through my ear (just the one ear, I was listening to the radio with one ear bud in), and my eyes at the exact same time through two completely unrelated avenues. Perception via two different senses, via two different origins, of the same word at the same time. The trio on the radio referred to a group of TV personalities, and the trio in the email was from a news article about a team of criminals. I've been seeing these type of simultaneous synchronicities a lot more frequently lately.

No comments:

Post a Comment